Learn about the admissions selection process requirements and deadlines for full-time programs at Michener.
To ensure you receive equal consideration in the admission process, your application must be received by the application deadline. This is particularly important for programs which are oversubscribed, since Michener receives many more qualified applicants than there are available spaces.
Admissions Process for full-time programs:
- All complete applications received by the Application Deadline will be processed. Complete applications include all supporting documents. All documents submitted become property of the Michener Institute and will not be returned to students. Please note: if you apply to a Michener-only program before November 27th, the first communication from the Michener Institute will be sent in early to mid-December.
- For applications received by the deadline, Michener will send each applicant an acknowledgement letter and instructions to complete a Supplementary Application Form (SAF). The SAF requires the applicant to review key application and program information. (Fee of $45 is mandatory and must be received by a set deadline.)
- Applications will be assessed and ranked according to Cumulative Grade Point Average (based on the OMSAS scale) and/or prerequisite courses.
- Top ranked applicants will be invited to the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI). Invitations will be sent out in mid April. MMIs are held at The Michener Institute.
- Applicants will be re-ranked after the results of the MMI are incorporated.
- Offers of Admission will be sent out in mid-May to top ranked candidates. All other candidates will be placed on a wait list.
- Specific health requirements and a vulnerable sector check are mandatory for all Michener students. Any associated costs are the responsibility of the student. For more detailed information on specific requirements please see the Health Services & Requirements page.
- Offers will continue to be sent to candidates on the waitlist, approximately every two weeks until each program is full.
Tentative Critical Dates: 2017 Admission to Michener-only Programs
Stay on top of your application!
- Joint Michener/University of Toronto programs in the Medical Radiation Sciences: Applications are assessed by the University of Toronto. Please refer to the university for their critical dates.
- Joint Michener/Laurentian University program in Radiation Therapy: Applications are assessed by Laurentian University. Please refer to the university for their critical dates.
|February 1, 2017||
February 1 is the deadline for the receipt of applications to full-time Michener-only programs through Ontario Colleges.
An acknowledgment letter will be sent to all applicants who meet the February 1st deadline with instructions to complete the mandatory Supplementary Application Form (SAF). The SAF requires the applicant to review key application and program information (Fee of $45 required). Failure to submit the SAF and fee by the set deadline below will close your application file from any further consideration.
|February 10, 2017
Date by which all supporting documentation (transcripts, English language test scores, etc.) must be received at Michener.
Applicants to any full time program are required to submit official grades for any/all post-secondary academic programs/courses completed. For detailed admission requirements please refer to the admissions requirements by program page.
Please note that all steps in the admissions process are conducted in English and that all documents received in support of an application become the property of The Michener Institute and will not be returned to the applicant.
|February 2 – April 1, 2017||Complete application files are evaluated. All communication with students will be made through Michener’s Self-Service Portal during this period in order to expedite requests for additional information.|
|Week of April 17, 2017||
Top-ranked candidates will receive an email invitation to ONE Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) at Michener*
*If you have also applied to the Physician’s Assistant program at the University of Toronto, you will need to attend two MMIs: one for the PA program and one for all other programs you are applying to.
|May 1-5, 2017||Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) week at Michener.|
Notification of admission decisions including offers of admission, placement on a waitlist, etc.
Due to the highly competitive nature of admission to our programs, The Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences will not consider admission deferrals. Your offer of admission is only valid for the year for which you applied.
|June – Early September 2017||If spaces become available, notification of admission from waitlists.|
|July 15 2017||For candidates who have attended the MMI: deadline for the receipt at Michener of all final official transcripts and proof of conferral of graduation.|