- Available to a student enrolled in the Radiation Therapy Program.
- Awarded to a student in financial need or a student with medical or special learning needs causing a significant financial burden which will jeopardize his or her ability to continue in the program.
- Student must have demonstrated a caring and sensitive attitude and have a genuine interest in helping people.
- Second and third year students will have a good academic standing and will have made a contribution to the program
- Bursary may be renewed up to 2 years for qualified students who successfully complete each year of the radiation Therapy Program.
BURSARY AMOUNT: $500
Bursaries are awards whose main criterion is demonstrated financial need. Whereas academic performance, program residency and student involvement are factors in selecting a bursary recipient, financial need is the most relevant factor.
Applicants must be:
- Successfully completed the first year of the Radiation Therapy program at The Michener Institute
- A completed Bursary Application Form providing evidence of genuine financial need.
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form