A Michener student who is enrolled in the Nuclear Medicine Technology program.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Recommended by the clinical co-ordinator for demonstrating excellent patient care while in the clinical setting
- Clinically competent in the field of Nuclear Medicine
- Taken an active role in class and/or Institute activities.
- Maintained an overall B average with no supplementals
- A resident of Ontario
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $500
Applicants must submit:
- A letter of recommendation from the clinical co-ordinator
- A one-page written application outlining why he/she is eligible for this scholarship based on the above noted criteria
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form