A student in his/her graduating year of a full-time program at The Michener Institute
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Evidence of a commitment to learning by continually striving to enrich their studies and experience at Michener by undertaking independent studies or research within or outside Michener. (Topics of study may include subject areas outside of the student’s chosen program of study).
- Successfully maintained a B average or better.
- Community leadership illustrated through volunteering activities outside of Michener and/or through their contribution to the quality of Michener student life.
- Exhibited good communication skills as illustrated by undertaking activities such as giving presentations, tutoring, mentoring, or active participation in promoting Michener stewardship.
- Exhibited consistently professional behaviour in both academic and health care settings
- Committed to improving the lives of others, as illustrated by the ability to work effectively both as an individual and in an interprofessional team providing collaborative patient centred care.
- Resident of Ontario
- Demonstrated financial need
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $5,000
Nominated by the student’s program, with support of the Program Chair. Only the successful nominee will be notified.
- A one-page type-written nomination outlining why the student is eligible for this scholarship based on the above noted criteria.
- To support the nomination, a typed and signed letter of reference on letterhead from an academic, leadership or community resource, and any other additional relevant documentation to support the nomination is advised. Letters of reference must be relevant to the last 18 months of the applicant’s related activity.