Awarded to a student enrolled in the Genetics Technology program.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated consistent academic ability, good technical skills in the laboratory setting, and professionalism during the didactic portion (the first eight months from September to April) of the program.
- Maintained a minimum of a B average.
- Demonstrated good citizenship with a commitment to improving the lives of others.
Final selection will be made through consultation with faculty members in the Genetics Technology program.
AWARD AMOUNT: $1,000
Applicants must submit:
- A written letter of application (max one page) outlining why he/she is eligible for this award based on the above noted criteria
- The applicant’s CV or resume
- One confidential letter of reference that substantiates the third criteria noted above
- A complete Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form