A student enrolled in any of the following programs offered by The Michener Institute:Genetics Technology, Cardiovascular Perfusion Technology, Diagnostic Cytology or Ultrasound.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Completed the didactic phase of their program
- Successfully maintained the highest cumulative mark in their advanced diploma program of study
- Resident of Ontario.
- Demonstrated financial need.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: Up to $1,000
Candidates are nominated by Program Chair(s), who are to submit a transcript and recommendation letter.
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form