A Michener student who is enrolled in the Medical Laboratory Science program.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Enrolled in the year prior to the full clinical year of the Laboratory Sciences Program.
- Maintained an overall B average (with no supplementals) and has obtained consistently high marks in the practical component of all courses.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ontario resident.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $1,000
Applicants must submit:
- A one-page type-written letter outlining how the program has prepared them for the clinical practice component of the program.
- A letter of recommendation, on official letterhead, from a clinical or simulated clinical instructor or a laboratory related employer. Letters of Reference must be relevant to the last 18 months of applicant’s related activity.
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form