Applicants must be a graduate or child of a graduate of The Michener Institute, formerly the Toronto Institute of Medical Technology.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Member of the Alumni Association, in good standing.
- Completed a course of study and must have final mark, this could include:
- Individual course or full program
- Short seminars, conferences or conventions are not applicable
- Must be taken at a post-secondary level
- Demonstrated leadership and is a positive role model.
- Must not have received PD funding from another source
- Must not have received this award within the last 5 years
Current Michener faculty, staff, and members of the Board of Directors are not eligible to apply
Amount: Up to $1,500 will be awarded annually.
Applicants must submit:
- A one-page letter (250 to 500 words) outlining why he/she is eligible for this scholarship based on the criteria.
- Two confidential letters of reference on official letterhead from an academic, leadership or community resource.
- A copy of the course description along with proof of successful completion of the course
- The recipient must agree to write an article for Michener Magazine, a publication for alumni and friends and have their name promoted in all print and electronic publications as well as on Social Media sites