Applicants must be a graduate or child of a graduate of The Michener Institute of Education at UHN, formerly the Toronto Institute of Medical Technology and as The Michener Institute of Applied Health
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Member of the Alumni Association, in good standing.
- Completed a course of study and must have final mark, this could include:
- Individual course or full program
- Short seminars, conferences or conventions are not applicable
- Must be taken at a post-secondary level
- Demonstrated leadership and is a positive role model.
- Must not have received Professional Development funding from another source
- Must not have received this award within the last 5 years
Current Michener faculty, staff, and members of the Board of Directors are not eligible to apply
Amount: Up to $1,500 will be awarded annually.
Applicants must submit:
- A one-page letter (250 to 500 words) outlining why he/she is eligible for this scholarship based on the criteria.
- Two confidential letters of reference on official letterhead from an academic, leadership or community resource.
- A copy of the course description along with proof of successful completion of the course
- The recipient is to write an article for Michener Magazine, a publication for alumni and friends and have their name promoted in all print and electronic publications as well as on Social Media sites