Named in recognition of Michener Student Council and Michener students, this endowed bursary fund has been established to support students.
Available to full-time students in any Michener program entering their 4th semester or higher.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a caring and sensitive attitude and have genuine interest in helping people
- Maintained a good academic standing and will have made a contribution to their program and/or student life at Michener
- Students must apply annually
- Resident of Ontario
BURSARY AMOUNT: $1,000
Applicants must submit:
- One-page written application outlining why they are eligible for the bursary based on the above noted criteria
- Bursary Application Form
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form