Available to a full-time Michener student in any program, in their graduating year of study.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Contributed to activities and demonstrated leadership while a student at The Michener (e.g. active participation in / contribution to various committees and Institute functions).
- Set an example in the lab and classroom as a team player and as an individual.
- Successfully maintained an overall “B” average with no supplemental exams.
- Demonstrated initiative
- Demonstrated excellence during their clinical year
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $1,500
To Nominate, Faculty/Staff must submit:
- A one-page written application outlining why the student is eligible for this scholarship based on the above noted criteria.
- Nominations must be supported by one members of Michener faculty or Michener staff and one clinical coordinator or clinical preceptor
Michener’s President chooses the recipient.
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form