This award is presented in recognition of a well-rounded student, who continues to give back to the community by volunteering, or who balances family responsibilities while pursuing their studies.
A full-time Michener student who is enrolled in the Respiratory Therapy program and has completed their first year (two semesters).
The successful candidate(s) will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Maintains good academic standing
- Current OSAP recipient
- Has volunteered extensively in their community (including the Michener community) during their first year at Michener
- Actively cares for dependants while pursuing their studies (including financial responsibilities as well as providing emotional and physical support to familial dependants, including elder parents).
Award Amount: $1,250
- Submit a letter of support from the organization where the student volunteers.
- If the application is based on caring dependents,
the student is required to submit an essay (500 words maximum) illustrating how he/she has managed to successfully complete the 2 semesters (year 1) despite competing priorities.