Available to a full-time student who has completed four semesters or two years of full time study at Michener.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Shown academic improvement over the course of his/her
didactic studies while at The Michener Institute.
- Obtained a consistently positive professional
performance appraisal or demonstrated significant improvement in his/her
- Successfully passed all courses at the time of application.
- Resident of Ontario.
- Demonstrated financial need.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $1,000
Any member of the faculty may nominate the recipient by:
- Submitting a
letter of recommendation. A second faculty member will co-sign the letter
in support of the nomination.
- The letter of recommendation will include a specific description of
the student’s improvement including the results of course evaluations,
the steps taken by the student to improve such as joining a study group,
seeking assistance in test-writing skills, improved attendance etc. The
letter will also clearly state that the student’s professional
performance meets the program’s standards.
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form