This award is in memory of Bronwen Roberts, a respiratory therapist who graduated from Michener in 1981. Throughout her career, was dedicated to her patients’ needs.
A full-time Michener student who is enrolled in the Respiratory Therapy program who has successfully completed their 4th semester.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Maintained good academic standing
- Demonstrated a commitment to caring for and helping others
- Demonstrated diligence in their academic work, particularly as it pertains to patient care
- Provided assistance to his/her colleagues and/or patients, as applicable
AWARD AMOUNT: $1,000
Applicants must submit:
- An essay (no longer than 500 words) describing his/her qualifications based on the above noted criteria;
- A letter of support from a Respiratory Therapy faculty member who can vouch for the student’s qualifications
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form