This Award is in recognition of an exceptional Ultrasound student who is passionate about their chosen career and has a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality, patient-centric care.
A full-time Michener student who is enrolled in the Ultrasound program who is in their final, graduating year
- Awarded to a student who is in good academic standing in Michener’s Ultrasound Program
- Student has completed his/her clinical placements
- Student is in his / her graduating year
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Completed his/her clinical placement
- Is passionate about their chosen field and has demonstrated a commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Takes pride in the quality of the examinations they perform and the patient care they deliver,
- Demonstrates progressively strong interpersonal and communication skills and works effectively within a team-based environment
- Seeks out, considers and accepts constructive feedback, and grows professionally as a result.
Award Amount: $1,000
To apply, please submit:
- An essay (no longer than 500 words) describing his/her qualifications based on the above noted criteria;
- A letter of support from an Ultrasound faculty member who can vouch for the student’s qualifications based on observations during the clinical simulated semester; and
- A letter of support from a Clinical Educator / Coordinator / Radiologist or Senior Staff member who has had opportunity to observe the student throughout his/her clinical placement and vouch for the student’s work ethic, patient care and interpersonal skills.