A full-time Michener student who is enrolled in the Ultrasound program who is in their third semester.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Consistently exhibited professional behaviour in the academic setting and shown a commitment to improving the lives of others, as illustrated by the ability to work effectively both as an individual and as a member of an interprofessional team providing collaborative patient centred care.
- Successfully maintained an overall “B” average or better.
- Demonstrated a commitment to sharing his/her expertise with others and represents Michener in a professional and accountable manner.
- Resident of Ontario.
- Demonstrated financial need.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $300
Ultrasound faculty will nominate suitable candidates by written recommendation (not exceeding 250 words), outlining the nominee’s demonstrated ability, knowledge, and expertise.
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form