A full-time student enrolled in the Radiological Technology program.
The successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated the following criteria:
- Maintained the Michener standards of academic performance
- Demonstrated a caring and sensitive attitude to people,
- Exhibited genuine interest in advancing the health of women through their choice of assignment topic in one of: Clinical Project, Research Methods or the Mammography Practical Selective.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $1500
Applicants must submit:
- One essay (min 500 words max 750) to the program Chair summarizing their interest in women’s health and how it is related to their Clinical Project, Research Methods or the Mammography Practical Selective
The recipient is chosen by the Program Chair.
This is an Ontario Trust for Student Support (OTSS) or “Matching Fund” award
The Ontario Trust for Student Support was established by the Government of Ontario to encourage companies and individuals to contribute to permanent endowment funds to assist Ontario’s college and university students with financial need.
To be eligible for a “Matching Fund Award/Scholarship” a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or a Protected Person
- meet provincial residency requirements as set out in the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) guidelines*
- submit either a Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form
*OSAP Residency requirements:
- You have always lived in Ontario
- Ontario is the last province in which you resided for 12 consecutive months without being a full-time post-secondary student.
- Ontario is the last province in which your parent(s) have resided for 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario AND you have resided in Canada for less than 12 months in a row.
- You now reside in Ontario, but none of the above statements applies to you.
If points 4) and 5) are true for you, you may not be eligible for OSAP; however you may meet Michener’s definition of eligibility and may still be eligible for a Matching Fund Award/Scholarship if you can show financial need through either the Financial Need Assessment Form or Bursary Application Form