Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification
In class- please see prerequisites
please see table below
6.5 hours- Start and end times dependant on course location. Please see prerequisites for important course details and information.
Dr. Vu Kiet Tran, MD, FRCPC (Medical Director)
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Hands-on skills practice
- Practical skills testing
- Written evaluation
Healthcare professions responding to cardiopulmonary emergencies and working in critical care environments; such as physicians, nurses, respiratory technologists, paramedics.
This course meets the accreditation criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved for MAINPRO+ Certified Group Learning Activity Category credits. Please see CFPC for details.
This course meets the accreditation criteria of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) and has been approved for MOC, Section 2 . Please contact RCPSC for details.
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email email@example.com for information.
- HSF BLS Provider Card within the previous 12 months (demonstration of competency at the course).Please see Heart and Stroke Information
- HSF ACLS Provider card issued within 24 months of completer course date
- Able to identify ECG rhythms
- Knowledge of primary pharmacology specific to cardiopulmonary emergencies
- Registration with Heart and Stroke for your Heart and Stroke ID number- if you do not have a HSF#/account already.
- Completion of ACLS pre course test. Must be presented at the course.
Heart and Stroke criteria for taking ACLS state that you must have successfully completed a BLS Provider course in accordance with current guidelines, be actively using BLS skills on a regular basis and demonstrate competence in performing CPR. Hence we require demonstration of competence for successful completion of the course.
Textbook: Not included in course fee. ACLS Provider Manual (2015), and HSFC Handbook of Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers (2015), available from Training Materials HSF Courses .
Registration does not guarantee success.
The most common reason(s) that students are unsuccessful are either lack of preparation prior to the ACLS course and or lack of ECG interpretation skills. Registration in this course does not guarantee success. In the event that you are not successful, the Course Director will recommend at the end of the course that you repeat an entire classroom session on another date (you will be responsible for the entire tuition fee). Unsuccessful participants will not receive a refund of course fees.
Disclaimer: Please note you will be tested on the information that can be found in the 2015 Edition ACLS Manual. The link provided to the ECG STAT test is an additional study resource and does not replace the 2015 Edition ACLS Manual (required reading).
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification, Continuing Education-RS812
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|RS812-9||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification The Michener Institute of Education at UHN- St Patrick Campus- Room 1325, 9am-5pm||In Class||$249.00||May-27-2017 to May-27-2017||Closed|
|RS812-26||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification- on site at Trillium Health Partners- Credit Valley site- 2200 Eglinton Ave W, Mississauga- 9am-5pm- Rooms 1G-170 & 1G-172- located at the bottom of the stairs leading to 1G.||In Class||$259.00||May-27-2017 to May-27-2017||Closed|
|RS812-31||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification- The Michener Institute of Education at UHN-Toronto General Hospital Campus- 9am-5pm, room 025 & 026||In Class||$249.00||Jun-03-2017 to Jun-03-2017||Closed|
|RS812-10||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification The Michener Institute of Education at UHN- St Patrick Campus- Room 1325, 9am-5pm||In Class||$249.00||Jun-24-2017 to Jun-24-2017||Open|
|RS812-35||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification- on site at Humber River Regional Hospital- 1235 Wilson Ave, Toronto- 9am-5pm||In Class||$259.00||Jul-22-2017 to Jul-22-2017||Open|
|RS812-11||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification The Michener Institute of Education at UHN- St Patrick Campus- Room 1341, 9am-5pm||In Class||$249.00||Jul-23-2017 to Jul-23-2017||Open|
|RS812-12||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Recertification The Michener Institute of Education at UHN- St Patrick Campus- Room 1325, 9am-5pm||In Class||$249.00||Aug-19-2017 to Aug-19-2017||Open|