Bacterial Susceptibility Testing
9:00am to 5:00pm
Diaram Deokharan, MSc, MLT, ART
Understand the fundamental concepts around bacterial susceptibility testing with this one day didactic and practical workshop.
Practicing microbiology technologists, those who are re-entering the field, being cross-trained or wanting to upgrade their skills.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this workshop.
- Understand the mechanisms of antibiotic actions
- Understand the mechanisms of bacterial resistance
- Appreciate the various methods of bacterial sensitivity testing, especially the Kirby-Bauer (KB) disc diffusion method
- Read and interpret the latest CLSI Interpretative Tables
- Understand Drug-Bug combinations, “D” Zone test, ESBL, Amp C, and Beta-lactamases
- Recognize common and unusual antimicrobial patterns and reporting issues
- Address quality control and associated problems
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|