Basic Principles of Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring
ONLINE – login information will be emailed on the course start date
12 weeks – 48 credit hours
Francois D. Roy, PhD CNIM
Understand the basic principles of intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring.
Online quiz after each module, final multiple choice online exam
Health professionals who are or will be working in an intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring role.
Only full CANM members are permitted to register for this course without first applying for the Graduate Certificate.
- IONM 110
- Enrolled in the IONM Graduate Certificate Program and/or Full CANM membership – please submit your CANM membership number when registering for the course.
- Overview of IONM: history and evolution
- Role of IONM in the health care system
- Stimulation of the nervous system
- Recording from the nervous system
- Electrodes – Basic concepts
- Electrodes – Placement
- Basic electronics for electrophysiology
- Instrumentation – Basic concepts
- Instrumentation – Amplifiers and filters
- Instrumentation – Signal characteristics
- Instrumentation – Data processing, display
- Instrumentations – Troubleshooting, artifacts
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|IONM120-1||Basic Principles of Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring||Online||$1,500.00||Jan-09-2017 to Apr-09-2017||Dec-16-2016||Closed|