Diabetes and Pregnancy
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
Approximately 14 weeks.
Bev Harris, PDT CDE
You will enhance your knowledge about, and explore the complexities of, diabetes management in pregnant women, covering:
- The unique challenges faced by women with pre-existing Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in managing the needs of their pregnancy and the needs of their diabetes, both pre-conception and during pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes and Impaired Glucose Tolerance of Pregnancy (IGTP), including diagnosis, management and recurrence.
- Preparing for labour and delivery, and the postpartum stage.
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Online discussions||Week 3-9|
|Online written assignment||Week 12|
|Web-based Final Examination||Week 13-14|
Practicing health professionals with knowledge of diabetes and its management. This course will build on basic knowledge already in place.
- Working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
DE802 Diabetes and Pregnancy
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|DE802-1||Diabetes and Pregnancy||Online||$449.00||Mar-06-2017 to Jun-04-2017||Feb-24-2017||Open|