Engaging Patients in Managing Chronic Illness
ONLINE – login information will be emailed the week before the course start date
Approximately 11 weeks.
You will explore theories and practices pertaining to behavioural change counseling, covering:
- Theoretical models including Stages of Change, health belief model, empowerment, motivational interviewing, and the “5 As” approach.
- Common psychological disorders among people with chronic illness, including diabetes.
- How to incorporate appropriate behavioral approaches to patient education practice.
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Online discussions||Week 2-3
|Online case conference||Week 4-5
|Written assignment||Week 11|
All health professionals working with people who have a chronic illness.
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
DE803 Engaging Patients in Managing Chronic Illness
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|DE803-1||Engaging Patients in Managing their Chronic Illness||Online||$449.00||Mar-27-2017 to Jun-18-2017||Mar-17-2017||Open|