Pharmacology for Chiropodists
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
This course provides the educational basis for practicing Chiropodists to utilize new prescription rights outlined in the expanded scope of practice under Schedule 2 Antibiotics and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatories for Oral Use. This course is also relevant to practitioners who wish to update their knowledge and skills in prescribing oral antibiotics and NSAIDS.
Once you have completed part A & B of CH802, in order to be granted prescribing privileges by The College of Chiropodists of Ontario, you must:
• Request a formal transcript from The Michener Registrar. The transcript will then be sent directly to the College. Please find the transcript form and information at: http://www.michener.ca/current/trans.php
There are two parts to this course, as follows:
• The 8 week online component covers an Introduction to Pharmacology, Pain Management and Analgesic Agents (NSAIDS), and Antibiotics (Penicillins-PCNs, Cephalosporins-Cephs, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim-Septra, Bactrim, Clindamycin, Macrolides, Fluroquinolones, Tetracycline hydrochloride).
• You must complete a period of self-directed practice that is supervised (by a physician or healthcare professional licensed to prescribe) with respect to pharmacological interventions.
• During this time, you will be expected to implement and follow-up pharmacological management plans for five patients in your practice.
• The practicum must be completed within 3 months of finishing the 8 week online component PART A.
Pharmacology for Chiropodists (CH802) – Continuing Education
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|CH802-800||Pharmacology for Chiropodists||Online||$1,076.00||Sep-05-2017 to Oct-27-2017||Aug-27-2017||Closed|
|CH802-801||Pharmacology for Chiropodists||Online||$1,076.00||Jan-15-2018 to Mar-09-2018||Jan-08-2018||Open|