Online – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration.
Maximum 1 year
Many general and specialized sonographers have basic to moderate training in vascular ultrasound, but lack a more specific and specialized training to perform tests with confidence. This Vascular Sonography course has been designed to help the general sonographer have a better understanding of vascular ultrasound. Each module provides anatomy and pathology of the vascular system along with protocols and tips to help improve the ultrasound scans for the vascular system.
Basic physics of fluid dynamics are also included as a reminder to what it takes to provide quality imaging.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the arterial and venous anatomy of various vascular beds
- Understand the pathology identified during a vascular ultrasound, arterial or venous
- Moderate understanding of the physics required to produce a quality vascular examination
Students will be evaluated based on online assignments, and a final exam.
Advanced knowledge for experienced sonography healthcare professionals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Upper and lower limb arterial
- Upper and lower limb venous
- Renal/mesenteric arteries
- Dialysis fistula
- Hemodynamics and basic physics for vascular sonography
IG811 – Vascular Sonography
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
~Open For Continuous Enrollment