Online – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration.
Workshop – See below
Maximum 1 year
Many general and specialized sonographers have basic to moderate training in vascular ultrasound, but lack a more specific and specialized training to perform tests with confidence. This Vascular Sonography course has been designed to help the general sonographer have a better understanding of vascular ultrasound. Each module provides anatomy and pathology of the vascular system along with protocols and tips to help improve the ultrasound scans for the vascular system.
Basic physics of fluid dynamics are also included as a reminder to what it takes to provide quality imaging.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the arterial and venous anatomy of various vascular beds
- Understand the pathology identified during a vascular ultrasound, arterial or venous
- Moderate understanding of the physics required to produce a quality vascular examination
- Improve scanning techniques with a hands-on training session
Students will be evaluated based on online assignments, a final exam and a hands-on workshop.
Students must attend the 2-day hands-on workshop to receive a Certificate of Completion in this course.
The next scheduled IG811 workshop dates are:
- To be announced (tentatively scheduled for February 2017 and June 2017)
Location: The Michener Institute, 222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto, Ontario
Time: To be announced
Please note: Workshops will run twice per year. If a minimum registration of 4 students is not met for a workshop, it may be postponed until the next scheduled date.
Advanced knowledge for experienced sonography healthcare professionals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Upper and lower limb arterial
- Upper and lower limb venous
- Renal/mesenteric arteries
- Dialysis fistula
- Hemodynamics and basic physics for vascular sonography
IG811 – Vascular Sonography
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|