November 29, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Administrative Assistant, Registrar’s Office position with The Michener Institute.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
Reporting to the Registrar, this role is a key Registrar’s Office team member providing support to the Registrar and the admissions, recruitment, registration, records, financial aid and scheduling team. The position provides organizational and administrative support for a complex department requiring excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer/student focus.
Provides organizational and administrative support including:
- General administrative duties such as establishing and maintaining departmental files, preparing correspondence, reports and meeting minutes, inventory and ordering of materials, filing and scanning of records;
- Creation and maintenance of procedural documents, workflow charts and project plans;
- Data entry and processing of confidential student information, including admission/ applicant details, course add/ drop/ withdrawal transactions, tuition fee payments, and grades;
- Assistance with coordination of events and meetings;
- Maintenance of the scholarship awards database and communication with donors and recipients as required;
- Preparation of credentials for convocation ceremony, including following up with graduates post- convocation;
- Other administrative duties including provision of customer service as assigned.
- Diploma and three years administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer/student orientation;
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 17-39 FTR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during its recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.