July 27, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Records and Registration Coordinator position with The Michener Institute.
Office of the Registrar and Student Enrolment
(Full Time Contract until March 30, 2018)
Working in the Registrar & Student Enrolment Office, responsibilities for this position include data base management, preparing graduation audits, reconciling daily financial reports, and providing general administrative support to financial aid and OSAP. The ideal candidate is able to work independently as well as with an integrated team in a fast-paced environment.
Database management includes:
- Processing fees, billing charges and payments for all students, including issuing refunds
- Inputting course and certificate registrations
- Updating course and program offerings
- Maintaining accurate student records/updates including, but not limited to, processing withdrawals, transfers and confirming graduation eligibility
- Responding to requests for confirmation of course registration, enrolment, and payment
Other Responsibilities include:
- Supporting scheduling process and room bookings
- Assist in general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing of documents related to financial aid and OSAP
- Supporting admissions processing
- Updating relevant web pages
- Monitoring and responding to telephone and email inquiries, requests
- Postsecondary degree or diploma or a combination of education and experience
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role, with experience in postsecondary education or not-for-profit considered an asset
- Experience using a dynamic database (e.g. PowerCAMPUS or a similar data management system)
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- High degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #17-22CFT by August 18, 2017 to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.