April 11, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Associate Professor position with The Michener Institute.
Associate Professor, Ultrasound Program
(Anticipated start date: May 14, 2018)
- Prepares, teaches assigned courses and laboratory/practical/simulation sessions as per Michener Course Management Policy
- Must be committed to continuous quality improvement and learning
- Demonstrates flexibility in improving methods to engage and support students
- Challenges thought processes, fosters collaboration, and develops the ability of students to engage in critical and rational thinking
- Plays a role in all aspects of course/program assessment, evaluation and improvement
- Fosters knowledge building and transfer including practical skills, methods and techniques
- Supervises, provides guidance and advisement, where required, for student projects
- Sets, marks, and assesses work and examinations and provides timely and constructive feedback to students
- Determines and submit final course grades
- Maintains identified office hours for student support in the areas of remediation, advisement, and learning plan development and documentation of student progress
- Willingness to completes internal training programs as required
- Participates in scholarship and research activity
- Team player who works with colleagues and the Academic Chair to ensure delivery of the best educational experience
- Graduated from an accredited Ultrasound program, and relevant undergraduate degree, Masters preferred
- Demonstrated clinical experience and currency in the field of Sonography experience with all aspects of Ultrasound scanning, i.e. abdomen, MSK, vascular, superficial structures, and gynecology, obstetrics (3 to 5 years’ experience an asset)
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exhibits strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO)
- Membership in good standing with Sonography Canada
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance documents required upon hire
Qualified internal applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 18-09FTR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.