Chiropody Program Clinic
Part time Contract position – July – September, 2017
SUMMER JOB FOR NEW GRADUATES
Under the direction of the Chair, the Chiropodist is responsible for providing clinical service and care. The role may also involve oversight of students in their clinical rotations.
The clinician must meet relevant professional standards at local, provincial and national levels.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Providing quality podiatric assessment, treatment and care to individuals referred or self referred to the clinical site
- Facilitate a positive learning environment for both the clients and students at the clinic
- Provide feedback on student progress and achievement, while providing student advisement and remedial assistance
- a relevant professional diploma
- previous teaching experience with knowledge in evaluative techniques (preferred)
- current registration with the COCOO
- membership with OSC and CFPM preferred
- current CPR and basic first aid
- current VSC
- all immunizations up to date
- strong organizational and leadership skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- an ability to work independently and as part of a team
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 17-18C to:
Human Resources, The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.