September 25, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Communications Advisor position with The Michener Institute.
Full Time Contract
(12 months with possibility of renewal)
- Content lead on the assigned project
- Managing content across all print and digital channels; researching, writing and editing
- Acting as a communications consultant and providing expertise to internal departments;
- Acting as editor
- Supporting communications for all internal and external stakeholders; managing project’s presence in media and creating social media and editorial content that support the project
- Triaging and acting as a primary contact for media requests; and assisting other with writing and media event tasks as needed.
- Supports the communications needs for events/ projects significant to the organization, external communications and departmental communications planning and strategy as well as policy and guidelines development.
- University degree in Communications or Marketing
- 3-5 years communication / marketing experience
- Exceptional project management skills and customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Precise attention to detail with the ability to be creative
- Proactive, motivated and a resourceful team player
- Strong negotiating skills to get the best value on advertising, print contracts
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #17-30C by October 6, 2017 to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.