October 3, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Coordinator, Learning, Innovation & Research position with The Michener Institute.
COORDINATOR, LEARNING, INNOVATION & RESEARCH
Reporting to the Senior Director, Learning, Innovation and Applied Educational Research, the Coordinator will:
- Provide administrative support and project coordination support to the Senior Director, Directors, Managers and Staff in the Learning, Innovation and Research portfolio
- Coordinates all education, research and faculty development projects within the portfolio
- Organizes all departmental meetings and creates related communications such as agendas and minutes, project plans, presentations and reports
- Assist in the development of new materials, workflows, checklists and templates;
- Participate in a range of research, evaluation, knowledge translation, and project planning/implementation activities;
- Provide curriculum development and faculty development supports to the Centre for Learning, Innovation and Simulation and to the Academic Programs to promote the scholarship of teaching and learning in the applied health sciences;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant practical work experience in the academic or healthcare context;
- Project coordination and project implementation experience an asset;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and accuracy;
- Well-developed analytical and research skills;
- High level of expertise with computer software including MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook), computerized calendars and scheduling systems, Adobe and Internet;
- Ability to interpret data/information for planning and reporting ;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #17-32FTR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.