November 28, 2017
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN is home to Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become Canada’s only hospital-integrated academic institution. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute of Education at UHN prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Coordinator, E-Learning and Curriculum Design position at the St. Patrick Campus of the Michener Institute.
E-Learning and Curriculum Design Coordinator
(1 year contract)
Continuing Education (CE) at Michener offers over 75 programs to approximately 3,500 learners annually. These programs are mostly offered online, with many programs run as workshops or in hybrid formats for a multitude of health care professionals. Reporting to the Manager, (CE), the Coordinator will:
- Coordinate aspects of program design, including building new, and upgrading existing, online courses in partnership with subject matter experts and CE Manager
- Collaborate effectively with course developers to ensure program/course design needs are understood and are met
- Leverage online learning technologies and multimedia resources to enhance the teaching and learning experiences for students and CE faculty
- Design effective online learning assessments
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to when presenting course materials
- Ensure new and upgrading programs/courses are ready for delivery as per established development schedules
- Coordinate the uploading of assigned program/course materials to Michener’s learning management system
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in instructional design and e-learning
- Post-secondary degree in education, with e-learning technology focus required
- Master’s degree in education would be preferred
- Proficiency in using Learning Management Systems (e.g. Blackboard Learn)
- Superior knowledge of online educational software and technologies
- Extensive knowledge of education design principles and applications for design, delivery and assessment of education, as well as familiarity with adult learning methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate plans, manage deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exhibits good judgment, initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with a strong customer/student focus
- Exceptional relationship building skills, with ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 17-38C by December 22, 2017 to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publically funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. The Michener Institute offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities during its recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.