December 21, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Communications Advisor position with The Michener Institute.
Full Time Permanent
- Daily production of all marketing and communications products such as flyers, ads, web ads, brochures, corporate reports, and digital animation for the Michener Institute of Education at UHN.
- Maintain, update and prepare all existing marketing and communications material.
- Utilize various graphic software programs to design and produce materials for print and online.
- Demonstrate confidence and a collaborative attitude with all team members.
- Champion Michener’s brand identity, and ensure it is correct in all applications.
- Adhere to established corporate guidelines, policies and graphic standards throughout all design tasks.
- Assist with any other marketing duties are required depending on the organization’s needs.
- Other duties as required.
- Expert with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat on MAC platforms.
- Proficient with video editing software (Adobe Premier).
- Bright Author / Bright Sign software experience, or past experience developing and managing content on a digital wall.
- Web design experience (mockup and wireframe). UX knowledge is a plus.
- Animation skills using Adobe Flash and proficiency with Storyline software are a plus.
- Adaptable and able to work independently, set and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills and work well with others and as part of a team.
- Online or hard copy portfolio is a must.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #17-41 FTR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.