November 24, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Instructional Design Specialist position with The Michener Institute.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN SPECIALIST
(Full Time Contract – One Year)
Reporting to the Director, Centre for Learning, Innovation and Simulation (CLIS), the Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for providing instructional design and evaluation support for face-to-face, online and hybrid courses and programs.
The Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for providing faculty development in the area of online curriculum development as well as supporting classroom instruction, interprofessional education, and simulation enhanced education.
This position requires a commitment to constructivist and learner-centered education. A service-oriented approach and commitment to meeting the diverse needs of faculty is a must. The incumbent should be well grounded in educational theory and design.
The incumbent must be responsive to current trends in health science education and faculty development; and demonstrate knowledgeability of evidence based continuous quality improvement methods.
We are seeking a creative and ambitious individual who can support excellence in our design strategies across multiple projects and advance our use of learning technologies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in instructional design and e-learning.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing Faculty Development and continuing education.
- M.Ed. in curriculum design or relevant graduate degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance and competency based curricular design.
- Familiarity with Academic Approval processes
- Proven innovative uses of educational technology.
- Proficiency in using Learning Management Systems (e.g. Blackboard Learn) an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, develop relationships and manage expectations.
- Must have advanced organizational skills and ability with excellent attention to detail.
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 17-37CFT to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.