October 2, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Manager, Human Resources position with The Michener Institute.
Manager, Human Resources
- As an innovative and collaborative Human Resources professional, you will play a key role in supporting a diverse client portfolio in a complex and stimulating environment that includes both unionized and non-union employees.
- This position is responsible for designing and implementing Human Resources strategies and programs involving labour relations, performance/change management, compensation, benefits, and job evaluation, organizational effectiveness, resource planning and health, safety & emergency planning.
- The Human Resources Manager identifies leading practice human resource opportunities, resolves human resource issues, facilitates HR initiatives and ensures consistent administration of the policies and procedures and compliance with the collective agreement.
- The position is responsible to deliver results on time, determine the root cause of issues and generate creative solutions in line with organizational needs.
- 5 years’ of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in a public sector unionized environment
- Undergraduate degree and continued education in human resources/industrial relations/ business and/or a related field.
- Ability to build and cultivate a effective relationships with organizational departments, partners and employees
- Comprehensive understanding of Ontario employment legislation
- An established track-record of diplomacy, negotiation, conflict resolution
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #17-31FTR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.