May 10, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator position with The Michener Institute.
MARKETING AND RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR,
Full – Time
- Works collaboratively with Communications and Continuing Education (CE) team members to brainstorm ways to effectively market courses and programs to raise awareness and contribute to enrolment performance
- Works collaboratively with CE management and Communications to develop and execute internal and external marketing campaigns
- Creates and disseminates marketing information (print and digital) regarding course offerings and/or changes. This includes newsletters, blogs, videos, webinars and other collateral materials
- Daily management of CE social media accounts; including monthly analytics reports
- Updates and maintains CE website pages, including weekly maintenance of key areas, as required to ensure currency
- Collaborates with Student Recruitment to coordinate and attend relevant external recruitment events
- Acts as CE Lead to organize and execute internal recruitment events (eg. CE Open Houses)
- Participates in conferences, professional meetings and trade shows to promote CE
- Communicates by phone and/or in person with hospitals, labs, clinics and relevant stakeholders to promote CE offerings
- Participates in departmental and inter-departmental process improvement/quality improvement projects.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2-4 years related experience including
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles and website management
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Willingness to acquire basic working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and other applicable creative software
- Writing, social media, graphic design, basic HTML & CSS
- Management of email marketing campaigns, using Mailchimp
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent initiative, judgment, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure, with an eye for detail and timeliness in task completion; in a high performance deadline oriented environment
- Exhibits flexibility with ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 18-11PTto:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.