September 27, 2016
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Network Administrator position with The Michener Institute.
Reporting to the Director of Information Management, the Network Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and security of networks, systems, and hardware. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are an asset.
- Monitors all networking equipment including Cisco Switches, Routers, and Firewalls;
- Evaluates and maintains network performance including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency;
- Monitors and manages IT backbone infrastructure including: DNS, DHCP, Sophos Antivirus, LAN/WAN, and corporate SAN;
- Monitors, maintains and upgrades virtual servers within VMWare;
- Monitors, tests, and troubleshoots CommVault backup system; supports disaster recovery planning & operations;
- Supports and coordinates network security measures and protocols in order to ensure systems and data are protected and secure;
- Supports services for Microsoft related technologies such as Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange Server;
- Provides continuity of service to other areas of systems administration during the temporary absence of other administrators.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Network/Systems administration work experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple software and hardware products from vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, and Dell;
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux/Unix server operating systems & virtualization (VMWare);
- Strong technical communication and writing skills, including the ability to write clear and concise requirements, design specifications, and project documents;
- Certifications and/or formalized training in Windows Server, Active Directory, Cisco Networking, VMWare virtualization, CommVault Simpana backups, and SAN Management are an asset;
- Familiarity with network security management, internet firewalls, routing technologies, intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems are an asset.
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #16-20FTR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.