December 6, 2017
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN is home to Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become Canada’s only hospital-integrated academic institution. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute of Education at UHN prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Program Assistant position at the St. Patrick Campus of the Michener Institute.
PROGRAM ASSISTANT, CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Participates in the development and implementation of departmental marketing initiatives
- Monitors and maintains Continuing Education website and social media accounts
- Provides general administrative support to the Continuing Education (CE) management team
- Coordinates the assigned program portfolios meeting all administrative needs
- Monitors course registrations and develops and implements marketing strategies as required
- Ensures the needs of instructors and students are met for effective course operations
- Provides support to faculty in the maintenance of online and other course materials
- Compiles and communicates course evaluations
- Prepares contracts, invoices
- Handles sensitive and confidential matters
- Provides support to other PAs/programs for student registration processes
- Undertakes investigations and problem solving for student registrations
- 2-3 years working experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Health care background and understanding of scope of health care professionals an asset
- Understanding of basic marketing practices and website management
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility and judgment with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent proven communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer/student focus
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and possess an eye for detail
- Good critical thinking, independent problem-solving and decision making skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Blackboard Learning Management system a definite asset
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #17-40 PTR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.