April 23, 2018
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Records & Registration Coordinator/Financial Aid Officer position with The Michener Institute.
Michener Institute – Records & Registration Coordinator/Financial Aid Officer (Full Time Continuing)
The Records and Registration Coordinator/FAO reports to the Registrar and is the team lead for the Records and Registration Officers team and acts as the primary Financial Aid Officer. The Records and Registration Coordinator/FAO performs the duties of the Records and Registration Officer, and, in addition:
- Provides leadership, supervision and development to the team of Records and Registration Officers to support a collaborative and cohesive working group that meets the strategic and operational goals of the Registrar’s Office and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN;
- Provides guidance and instruction to team members for short and long-term tasks and priorities related to departmental functions, processes, and policies;
- Takes initiative to identify operational or departmental challenges and opportunities, and makes recommendations for improvement;
- Develops and maintains relationships with key departments, external communities, and organizations, building a network to keep up-to-date on changes relating to programs and to appropriately refer students;
- Acts as the primary Financial Aid Officer for over 300 students per year including:
- Acting as the operational lead/liaison for the Ontario provincial Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) for student financial assistance administration matters (including audits and reporting);
- Annual updating of the OSAP portal with current tuition/program information for all OSAP eligible programs;
- Processing and submitting documentation (including Confirmation of Enrolments) related to OSAP and out-of-province student financial assistance applications;
- Acting as liaison between students, provincial student financial assistance programs, and, the National Student Loans Service Centre relating to a student’s loan application and funding;
- Ensuring that student’s OSAP information/enrolment status is up to date (e.g. withdrawals, income information, etc.) and processes refunds directed to NSLC where fees were redirected to Michener; and
- Advising students on processes regarding assessment review requests, status changes, income updates, and other inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree with coursework in introductory accounting or research methods, 3-5 An undergraduate degree with coursework in introductory accounting or research methods, 3-5 years of directly related experience, including supervisory or leadership responsibilities OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated positive customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills to multi-task, meet deadlines, and be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience using an integrated student information database system and proficient computer/ technical skills, using all aspects of MS Office suite.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 18-05FT to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.