September 27, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Senior Accountant position with The Michener Institute.
- Analyze financial information and assist to prepare financial statements and reports
- Prepare both internal and external reporting including but not limited to statutory and financial reports
- Support budgeting and forecasting process
- Manage Accounts Payable, ensure compliance with BPS guidelines
- Develop and document processes and accounting policies to maintain and strength in internal controls
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (macros, pivot tables and formulas)
- Works well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #17-29FTR by October 13, 2017 to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.