December 22, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Simulation Education Specialist (CASE) position with The Michener Institute. The successful candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills, and will be committed to professional growth.
SIMULATION EDUCATION SPECIALIST (CASE)
(Part Time – 3 days/week)
- Collaborate with CLIS to support faculty in the development of educational assets, including learning objectives, scenario flow sheets, equipment orientation guides, etc.
- Operation of various simulation and clinical technologies, including high-fidelity mannequins, critical-care equipment, and audio-visual equipment (CAE LearningSpace)
- Setup and teardown of simulation suites, in coordination with full-time programs, Continuing Education (CE), UHN stakeholders, and external clients
- Collaborate with the Simulated Participant Program to develop capacity in hybrid simulation, including moulage and other techniques
- Develop and deliver training sessions for faculty and staff on best-practice simulation methodologies, including mannequin-based simulation, procedural task training, etc.
- Assist faculty in the development of simulation-related research initiatives
- Contribute to discussions related to strategy for leveraging simulation-based education across disciplines
- Maintain simulation supplies and equipment
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team
- Degree/Diploma in healthcare, technology, education or related field
- 5 years or more work experience in the field of healthcare and simulation operations and design
- Clinical healthcare experience (respiratory therapy, paramedicine, etc.) an asset
- Mannequin scenario programming experience an asset
- Experience operating critical care medical equipment an asset (ventilators, defibrillators, etc.)
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
- Ability to lift 50lbs required
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.