July 18, 2017
STUDENT RECRUITMENT OFFICER
(Full Time Contract September 1 – December 1, 2017)
The Student Recruitment Officer under the direction of the Manager, Student Enrolment, is primarily responsible for executing the recruiting plans and strategies for The Michener Institute. The incumbent is actively involved in the recruiting of potential applicants, as well as assisting in the organizing of important recruitment events. The Recruitment officer will represent Michener in a range of internal and external activities (high school presentations, community events, community agencies etc.) The primary goal of the Recruitment officer is to ensure that Michener meets its enrolment targets by generating a strong applicant pool of qualified students.
- Attending off-campus recruitment events
- Assisting with the planning and executing of on-campus recruitment activities, events and campus tours
- Communicating with prospective applicants via telephone and email
- Responding to general inquiries regarding admission and program offerings from prospective applicants
- Participate in system-wide recruiting activities such as CIP (College Information Program) and high school visits, including making all travel arrangements for rental vehicles and accommodations
- Providing admissions and program information to a diverse range of potential students including those from high schools, adult learners, and universities
- Participating in campus events such as campus tours, high school visits, and open houses, for potential students, applicants, and parents
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. boxes of promotional materials and floor model display containers 50+ lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary degree/diploma or a combination of education and experience
- Outstanding public speaking ability
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Event and project planning experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Previous related experience in student recruitment is an asset
- Familiarity with social media management is an asset
- Able to travel locally and across Ontario, for a week at a time throughout the Fall
- A valid G class drivers’ license
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
- Tact, integrity, diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Well-developed problem solving, decision making and leadership skills.
- Must be self-directed, motivated with strong organizational & time management skills.
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Evening and or weekend work will be required during peak periods.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 17-20CR:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.