June 19, 2017
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Laboratory Technician position with The Michener Institute.
(Full-Time Contract September 4 – December 11, 2017)
- Supplying materials required for laboratory exercises
- Procuring, preparing, pretesting and labeling specimens, reagents and slides
- Assisting the continuing education department with lab set-up and requirements
- Participating in biological and chemical safety by providing spill response & following MSDS procedures and regulations
- Perform phlebotomy as required
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Additional duties as required
- 1-2 years of related experience and certification with OSMT or CSMLS
- Sound problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Good level of computer skills, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 17-17C to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during its recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.