To provide timely, accurate and value-added data, analysis and information to members of the Michener community to support evidence-based decision making and scholarship of inquiry.
What We Do
Reporting to the Vice President, Academic, Applied Educational Research collects, analyzes and interprets data to support internal stakeholders with planning, decision making and continuous quality improvement. Applied Educational Research also provides consultative support to Michener faculty and staff engaged in scholarship of inquiry. Some of AER’s primary functions related to these include:
- Conducting and reporting on Michener’s annual Key Performance Indicator Surveys (e.g., Graduate Satisfaction and Placement, Employer Satisfaction, and Student Demographics and Engagement)
- Collecting, processing and disseminating course evaluation results each semester
- Conducting ad hoc research and analysis, including studies that support strategic planning
- Advising Michener faculty or staff about access to institutional data and research ethics for their scholarly work
- Supporting the activities of Michener’s Research Ethics Board (REB) and Data Request Review Committee (DRRC)
- Consulting with Michener faculty or staff engaged in scholarly inquiry about research design, analysis and interpretation
- Consulting with Michener service departments about survey and evaluation design, analysis and interpretation
Integrated Consultation Service
Applied Educational Research (AER) endeavours to advance a culture of scholarly inquiry by integrating collaboratively with its partners The Centre for Learning and Innovation (CLI) and The Learning Resource Centre (LRC).
AER is committed to assisting Michener Faculty and Staff with their scholarly endeavours. We provide integrated consultation services in collaboration with CLI and LRC on scholarly activity, research ethics and course evaluation. Faculty and Staff are encouraged to contact Applied Educational Research with their project questions.
Who we are
|Dr. Ann Russell||Senior Director, Learning, Innovation and Applied Educational Research|
|Emily MacLeod||Research Associate|
|Emma MacLean||Research Assistant|
We Can Help!
For general inquiries or assistance, the Research Department can be contacted by emailing email@example.com