Welcome to the Data Access Requests page. This page provides information about the policies and procedures for requests to access Michener data.
About Michener Data
A wealth of data is collected and maintained at the Michener Institute, which pertain to the functions and activities associated with the Institute and its students, faculty and staff. This data includes, but is not limited to, grades and other student records, course outlines, evaluation results, administrative and financial records, research and information related to Michener’s external profile. The data collected at Michener plays an essential role in evidence-informed reflection, planning and decision-making throughout the institution, from academics to operations.
Data Access Requests
Requests for access to Michener data are received from faculty, staff, students and external partners. Access to Michener data is controlled by the Data Access Review Committee (DARC). DARC is composed of representatives from across Michener, including Faculty, Chairs, and administration. The Committee reviews requests for access to Michener Data to determine purpose, accountability, applicability, and scope, and releases data where appropriate. The Applied Educational Research (AER) Department supports applicants and the application process, as well as the work of the DARC.
What types of Michener data require a formal request for access?
The table below provides classification guidelines for three levels of data to help applicants determine whether a formal request is required for access to the desired Michener data. Applicants are encouraged to consult with Applied Educational Research with any questions or for clarification about the data.
Classification Guidelines for Data
|Data Level||Examples||Submission Required|
Formal requests for Michener data should begin with a review of the Access to Institutional Data Process Map, which outlines the specific steps required to complete your submission. How do I request access to Michener data?
All submissions must include a completed Data Access Request Form. Applicants are also advised to review the associated policies and procedures, which are found below.
Completed Data Access Request Forms are submitted electronically to Applied Educational Research at email@example.com
- Data Access Request Form This form is designed to facilitate requests for access to institutional data for internal and external applicants. Any individual or group that would like to use Michener’s institutional data for scholarly activity, publication or presentation must complete and submit this form for review and approval by Michener’s DARC.
Policies and Procedures
- Data Review / Scholarship Tracking (DRST) Submission Requirements and Administrative Review Policy The purpose of this policy is to describe the requirements for submission to the Data Access Review Committee (DARC) and the administrative processes carried out by the Research Office pertaining to DARC submissions.
- Data Review / Scholarship Tracking (DRST) Policy Section 2.2 of the Policy pertains to and stipulates the Reporting process for tracking scholarly activities.
- Access to Institutional Data Process Map The process map outlines the specific steps required to complete your submission to formally requests for Michener data.
- Data Access Review Committee (DARC) Terms of Reference The Committee is responsible for reviewing requests for access to Michener Data to determine purpose, accountability, applicability, and scope, and releases data where appropriate.
We Can Help
For general inquiries or assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.