DRST Review Procedure
DRST Review Procedure
|Department||Applied Educational Research|
|Creation Date||March 3, 2011|
|Approval Date||May 25, 2011|
|Effective Date||May 25, 2011|
This policy pertains to all staff, faculty and students who require access to Michener data and/or are engaging in scholarly activities such as publishing, presenting and/or attending conferences.
The purpose of this policy is to describe the requirements for accessing Michener data and for submitting scholarly achievements at the Michener Institute.
DRST: Data Review/Scholarship Tracking
DARC: Data Access Review Committee
Michener staff are required to submit their scholarly achievements on a continual basis for board reporting.
This policy applies to members of the Research Office and/or administration and/or DARC.
2.1 Access to Institutional Data
2.1.1 Individuals requiring access to institutional data will:
- Inform and request approval to access the data from their Chair/Division Head;
- Complete the Data Access Request Form and submit it to the Research Office;
2.1.2 The Data Access Review Committee (DARC) will review the request in a timely manner and make a determination regarding access to the data;
2.1.3 A letter will be sent from the DARC through the Research Office confirming or denying the request to access data;
2.1.4 The Research Office will coordinate access to the data required;
2.1.5 The Research Office administrator or designate will log all requests and decisions regarding access to data.
2.2 Scholarly Activity Reporting
2.2.1 On a continual basis, Michener staff will:
- Inform their Chair/Division Head of their scholarly activities;
- Complete the DRST Faculty and Staff Scholarship Activity online survey at surveymonkey.com/s/TMI_Scholarship;
2.2.2 The Research Office administrator or designate will log all scholarly activities.
- Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS 2). Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, Medical research Council of Canada 2010.
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) 2000.
- Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) 2004.
- CIHR Best Practices for Protecting Privacy in Health Research (2005)