|Approval Date||June 15, 2017|
|Effective Date||September 5, 2017|
The Faculty Liaison Committee (FLC) is a standing committee of the Program Advisory Council (PAC) consisting of the Academic Chair, the Clinical Liaison Officer, Clinical Coordinators (or designates), program faculty, and, where applicable, affiliated university representation to provide a forum for the discussion and improvement of the overall program. The FLC provides a forum for the discussion and improvement of the overall program and is responsible for making recommendations to the PAC
The members of the Faculty Liaison Committee have the mandate to support the Education Strategy and its Strategic Intent.
- Advises on content relevance through review of individual course competencies against the overall program competencies and current professional practices and makes recommendations for changes.
- Makes recommendations on resources that would enrich the students’ learning experience and better prepare them for the clinical environment. Advises on consistency of quality and application of standards across the program through understanding of the total program.
- Advises on consistency of quality of evaluation methodologies used across the entire program through participation in development, continuous review and recommendations for improvements.
- Completes tasks assigned by the Program Advisory Council as required to ensure fulfillment of its general terms of reference.
- Provides an annual report to the Program Advisory Council on activities
This committee contributes to the Purpose, Values, Principles (PVP):
UHN’s Purpose Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning
Our Primary Value above all else, the needs of patients come first
Values: Safety, Compassion, Teamwork, Integrity, Stewardship
Safety Safest healthcare for patients and staff
Compassion Kindness and respect in every interaction
Teamwork Collaboration, Cooperation, and Diversity
Integrity Ethics, Respect, and Responsibility
Stewardship Optimize our resources for the greater common good
- Clinical Coordinator(s) from each of the affiliated sites
- Clinical Liaison Officer
- Michener program faculty – ex-Officio
- Academic Chair – ex-Officio
- Other ex-Officio members as invited by the Committee
The Officers of the Faculty Liaison Committee shall be:
- Faculty Liaison Committee Chair
- Secretary – assigned as per program discussion
- Past FLC Chair
The Chair and Secretary of these meetings shall be determined by program decision.
IV. ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Faculty Liaison Committee Chair shall:
- Call and chair meetings and conduct any necessary communication, in consultation with the Academic chair (or his/her designate, e.g. Clinical Liaison Officer), on behalf of the Committee.
- Prepare agendas in consultation with the Academic Chair and the Clinical Liaison Officer.
The Academic Chair, or designate, is by default the FLC Chair should no one else be available.
The Secretary shall:
- Record and provide minutes of the meeting to the FLC Chair, the Academic Chair, and the Clinical Liaison Officer for review
V. DECISION MAKING PROCESS/VOTING
Each member in attendance at the meeting, except the FLC Chair and the ex-officio members, will have one vote (see under “membership”). No proxy votes shall be accepted. The FLC Chair will vote only in the event of a tie. Fifty percent (50%) of the voting members must be in attendance for a meeting to be official.
VI. MEETING FREQUENCY
The FLC shall meet twice a year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring. The Committee may meet more than twice a year, if necessary. Four weeks’ notice of the scheduling of a meeting shall be given.
VII. ACCESS TO MEETINGS
Partially open, e.g. dependent upon topic
VIII. AGENDAS, MINUTES AND RECORDS
Prior to distribution, meeting minutes will be reviewed by the FLC Chair, the Academic Chair and the Clinical Liaison Officer. Meeting minutes should then be distributed by the Program Administrative Assistant to all committee members and invited guests.
IX. DESIRED OUTCOMES
The purpose of the Faculty Liaison Committee is to provide feedback on program competencies and ensure they reflect current professional practice.
|April 2011||Pinar Peacock||Document created|
|June 2011||Academic Chairs||Document reviewed with minor changes|
|September 14, 2011||AAC Committee||Document approved|
|September 2014||Academic Chairs||Minor changes to improve clarity – no approval required|
|June 2017||Catharine Gray||Minor changes to reflect current practice and organizational structure.|