Interior Health Authority
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care – all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
Trail, British Columbia
• Receiving, verifying and processing requisitions from Physicians for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations.
• Performing all diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols. Performing related calculations and technical analysis to aid Physicians in the interpretation of scans.
• Organizing workload according to exam priority and equipment availability.
• Monitoring patient care and safety by ensuring procedures adhere to department standards, policies and protocols.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.