Trillium Health Partners
Trillium Health Partners is a leading hospital with an outstanding record of performance, fiscal responsibility and quality patient care. The hospital encompasses three main sites – Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre – offering the full range of acute care hospital services, as well as a variety of community-based, specialized programs. Our intention is to achieve the highest quality of care that is easily accessible for our community, at the lowest cost. We are committed to creating an exceptional experience for everyone who walks through our doors. As our diverse community continues to grow and age, and as more people are living with chronic diseases, we’re taking into account the inevitable changes on the horizon. We know that to continue to deliver exceptional patient care, we must think and act differently, and take a new and innovative approach to the delivery of health care. We envision a new kind of health care for a healthier community – an inter-connected system of care that is organized around the patient, both inside the hospital and beyond its walls. Through partnership, working in a coordinated way across the system, we can meet the needs of our patients and continue to provide outstanding, sustainable quality patient care.As partners in creating a new kind of health care, we are Better Together.
Trillium Health Partners | Mississauga Hospital Site | 100 Queensway West | Mississauga, ON | L5B 1B8
As a qualified member of the open-heart surgical team you will be responsible for:
• Preparation of cardiopulmonary bypass circuit for extra-corporeal support
• Preparation, operation and troubleshooting of a variety of cardiac devices with little or no forewarning
• Apply blood conservation techniques
• Act as a second assist during OPCAB procedures
In addition to your regular role, you will function in a support role for other medical specialties including but not limited to:
• Blood salvaging using auto transfusion devices in surgeries other than the cardiac OR such as vascular and orthopaedic surgeries
• Assist with insertion, monitoring and transportation of IABP
• Must be a graduate from an accredited cardiovascular perfusion school
• Certification with the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion (CSCP); recertification is mandatory on an annual basis
• Demonstrated interest in continuing education
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills
• Effective time management skills with the ability to organize work and set priorities for self and others
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to adapt and work accurately under stressful conditions
• Positive work and attendance record essential
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Kristi De Maria