The Chatham-Kent Family Health Team
The Chatham-Kent Family Health Team (CKFHT) is a collaborative team of professionals including Physicians, NPs, Nurse Educators, Dietitians, Pharmacist, Occupational Therapist, Social Workers, Chiropodist, a Health Promoter, Certified Respiratory Educator and Diabetes Education Team. The CKFHT currently has ~35,000 rostered patients and growing.
The CKFHT is located on five sites across the municipality of Chatham-Kent – Chatham, Dresden, Ridgetown, Wallaceburg and Blenheim.
We are seeking a positive, energetic, team-oriented Chiropodist. The Chiropodist works collaboratively with the Allied Health Professionals and Administrative staff.
He/She will work to develop and maintain a systems approach to ensuring overall quality of patient care, maintenance of professional standards and the efficient use of resources.
The Chiropodist provides primary foot care services and participates in the development, delivery and evaluation of foot care related programs and services for individuals, families and the community. The Chiropodist works collaboratively as a member of interdisciplinary team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling and other primary clinical foot care activities to the full scope of Chiropody practice and according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario Prescribing, producing and fitting orthotics and other aids
- Make referrals to internal and external services and advocate on behalf of clients as appropriate
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical notes in accordance with guidelines and CKFHT policy
- Ensure efficient and effective operation of Chiropody service through regular ordering of supplies and updating of inventory as appropriate to support both clinical and organizational goals
- Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risks to the patients.
- Collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information and participate in research as determined by CKFHT
- Maintain competence
- Diploma from an accredited Institution of Chiropody
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Experience with culturally and economically diverse populations
- License to practice is required
20 Emma Street, Chatham, ON, N7L 5K5
519-354-2172 ext 1317