WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
• Provide direct care (including soft tissue surgery) to clients to recognize and treat pathologies in the foot area which diminish the health, mobility, comfort and independence of clients.
• Provide health teaching, advocacy and health promotion services for clients, as well as consultation to nurses providing food care services.
• Taking, recording and utilizing a complete chiropody and relevant medical history, in an accurate manner;
• Performing a physical examination of the lower extremities for diagnostic purposes;
• Administering diagnostic aids and ordering laboratory tests to determine the existence or extent of an abnormality or pathology;
• Designing and implementing a comprehensive and individualized management plan for all patients;
• Acts as a resource to staff in the health centre and in partner/community organizations on issues related to foot care
• Bachelor of Science in Chiropody from a recognized university.
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Chiropody of Ontario.
• Eligible for membership with the Canadian Chiropody Association.
• 3-5 years experience in a health care setting with preferred experience in the community.
• Demonstrated commitment to best practices, ongoing learning, and client centered care.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• An understanding of or strong commitment to adopting an Anti-Oppression practice
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Familiarity with client centered and self-management approaches to chronic disease prevention and management
$55,252 - $65,569 (prorated FTE of 0.5) plus benefit package
To Apply, please go to the following link:
40 Finchgate Blvd, Suite 224