The Mississauga Halton Diabetes Foot Care program is a regional program providing preventative foot care to high risk patients with diabetes who are facing barriers to accessing fee for service care models.
The Chiropodist will provide foot care services in the region at various community settings within a geographic area. The Chiropodist’s approach to client care is evidenced based and innovative and utilizes current therapeutic techniques within the determinants of health framework. This position works within an inter-professional team-based model in terms of both the clinical practice and program planning aspects of its responsibilities. A systems perspective and attention to continuous quality improvement are essential to the success of this position.
• Provide general chiropody services
• Mentor and provide clinical instruction to other health professionals in diabetic foot care
• Act as a resource person to staff, students and the community regarding foot care
• Demonstrated competency in chosen profession; consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice and hospital-based standards
• Demonstrated patient and consumer focus; makes a commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all internal and external customers
• Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved in patient care is valuable
• Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every coworker, patient or family member with understanding and kindness and hold in high regard and respond appropriately to the needs of self and others
• Demonstrated fiscal responsibility; to model a sound understanding of, and work within, the financial boundaries of Halton Healthcare funding
• Other duties/activities as assigned
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.